Amanda (Group 4)
Dr. Marquardt
ENG1430
March 6, 2015
Rhodopis
- I don’t think our story has magic, because no birds or other animal helped her to meet her need. I think it was coincidence like the story said that it was God Horus’s sign. However, the falcon helped her change her life. It snatched one of the slippers and drop it to Pharaoh, so here is the transition.
- Rhodopis wet her slippers by accident, so she put them under the sun to dry. I don’t know if it was unfortunately, the falcon took one of the red shoes away. And it was dropped on Pharaoh’s lap by chance.
- I like reading stories, so I do have seen this kind of transition. For example, I read a story called Puss in Boots.The little boy only got a cat from his father’s legacy, but the cat can talk so the cat asked for a pair of boots. Then the cat helped him attract king’s attention gradually.It used its brain to beat enchanter, to trade with people. Finally he married the prince and the lived happily ever after. Also an animal changed the boy’s life.
- I like the transition. This is fairy tale. Everything can happen. I also want people who are kind but be bullied have a happy ending. If there is no transition, these poor girl would be bullied forever. And the bad people won’t be punished. However, many stories have transition to change people’s life. This is what we want to see.
I think your point in part 4 is very smart: we expect stories to have endings in which the good characters are rewarded and the bad characters are punished.
回复删除But what about the Falcon? Isn't this a kind of "magical" creature? Or do you think it's just a very convenient coincidence?
Thank you very much. I have corrected my article.
删除